On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 21:17, Jan Lahoda <lah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Still unsure about how we handle catalog and signing issues though.
>> Am I right in thinking with current situation people will see a
>> warning on update?  Definitely see this already when re-enabling
>> nb-javac.
>
> That is one of the things I'd like to try. The update will be a two phase
> process - first update the nb/updatecenters module, and then nb-javac. I
> *think* there should be no warning for the second update (because the NBM is
> signed using the key that is embedded in the updatecenters module), but I am
> less sure about how exactly the first update will work.

I'm fairly sure the first update at least will show a warning.
Installing other nbms from the distribution UC does now.

Check the link Reema shared that I posted earlier.  We might be able
to use that, in the short term manually signing the relevant updates
via the web interface?  Except that shows a browser security error for
me.  And also specifies .jar extension.

What other options are there?  Is there any *secure* way that we can
add trust in the IDE for modules built on ASF infrastructure?  If I
understand it correctly, the current way the third-party UC does this
will only work for a single build?