Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 27.10.2019, 12:18 +0100 schrieb Jan Lahoda:
> [How to handle updates]
> But I have no idea if we asked to an access there. (And if ASF would pay
> for each signed file, then singing several hundreds NBMs would not fly
> anyway, I think.) But we could at least use that for this update release
> (which will likely only consist of a handful of NBMs), and try to do
> something better for the future.

if I'm not mistaken, currently the NBMs we produce are not signed when
we release. This is what I suggest:

- lets create a signing key for the netbeans releases, place the
  private key on the PMC SVN directory, as is done with the SSH key to
  access the ousol binaries site
- add the public key for the signing key as a trusted code signing
  certificate to the netbeans distribution
- all updates will be signed with that key, as it is trusted, it can be
  used to safely install updates
- we should make sure, that we can handle multiple trusted keys,
  that way we can push a new key, using an existing key

This still requires once a manual installation of the first netbeans
version, that carries the key. What do you think?

Greetings

Matthias