Hi guys,

Again I am having lots of issues behind my %*รง&//(/( corporate firewall.

I just tried a fresh install and when nb-javac question arrives and I
accept to download it, it fails because of redirections:

INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
external URL:
https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/344C8C2A8B421A52ABE725A677BF75659C17FEB6-nb-javac-13-impl.jar
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
external URL:
https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/8250FAEF60A423DA3D5EFA0EE699FB69D906D86C-nb-javac-13-api.jar
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Server
returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.checkRedirect(NetworkAccess.java:241)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.access$700(NetworkAccess.java:57)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:160)
Caused: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
at
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1950)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1945)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1944)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1514)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
at
java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:168)
[catch] at
org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:138)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Cannot
access
https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/11.2/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm

When I try the link  https://netbeans.apache.org .... in my browser, it
gets redirected to mirror that, of course is not white listed.

So firstable from the logs http://www.pirbot.com deosn't work at all at the
time I am writing this message and second as much as I understand
mirroring, guys, this is just not possible for people like me that are
stuck behind a very restrictive web proxy. We cannot ask to white list the
whole planet and moreover I don't even know the list of possible mirrors.

I know there are distribution issues, but why isn't there a possibility or
instructions how to download separately the missing modules that cannot be
bundled with NB?

Finally, I already asked about nb-javac on this list. Now, as far as I
understand, due to bug https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1604 nb-javac
should not be used or you might get big trouble renaming Java code. If this
is true, why is NB only providing the option to download this version? For
info, my projects need JDK 8

Cheers,

Jean-Marc