We're figuring out how to vote on and release patches, in particular in
light of the fix for nb-javac.

Here's the current NBM for nb-javac:
http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/73454/nb-javac-library

Gj

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 11:24 AM Jean-Marc Borer <jmbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> Again I am having lots of issues behind my %*รง&//(/( corporate firewall.
>
> I just tried a fresh install and when nb-javac question arrives and I
> accept to download it, it fails because of redirections:
>
> INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
> external URL:
>
> https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/344C8C2A8B421A52ABE725A677BF75659C17FEB6-nb-javac-13-impl.jar
> INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Trying
> external URL:
>
> https://netbeans.osuosl.org/binaries/8250FAEF60A423DA3D5EFA0EE699FB69D906D86C-nb-javac-13-api.jar
> INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Server
> returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
>
> http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
> java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for URL:
>
> http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1900)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
>
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
> at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.java:480)
> at
>
> org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.checkRedirect(NetworkAccess.java:241)
> at
>
> org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess.access$700(NetworkAccess.java:57)
> at
>
> org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:160)
> Caused: java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 502 for
> URL:
>
> http://www.pirbot.com/mirrors/apache/netbeans/netbeans/11.2/nbms/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
> at
>
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
> at
>
> sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
> at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1950)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$10.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1945)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getChainedException(HttpURLConnection.java:1944)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1514)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.access$200(HttpURLConnection.java:92)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1490)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection$9.run(HttpURLConnection.java:1488)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at
>
> java.security.AccessController.doPrivilegedWithCombiner(AccessController.java:784)
> at
>
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1487)
> at
>
> org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:168)
> [catch] at
>
> org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.updateprovider.NetworkAccess$Task$2.call(NetworkAccess.java:138)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
> at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
> at
>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
> INFO [org.netbeans.modules.autoupdate.services.InstallSupportImpl]: Cannot
> access
>
> https://netbeans.apache.org/nb/updates/11.2/java/org-netbeans-modules-java-source-nbjavac.nbm
>
> When I try the link  https://netbeans.apache.org .... in my browser, it
> gets redirected to mirror that, of course is not white listed.
>
> So firstable from the logs http://www.pirbot.com deosn't work at all at
> the
> time I am writing this message and second as much as I understand
> mirroring, guys, this is just not possible for people like me that are
> stuck behind a very restrictive web proxy. We cannot ask to white list the
> whole planet and moreover I don't even know the list of possible mirrors.
>
> I know there are distribution issues, but why isn't there a possibility or
> instructions how to download separately the missing modules that cannot be
> bundled with NB?
>
> Finally, I already asked about nb-javac on this list. Now, as far as I
> understand, due to bug https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/1604
> nb-javac
> should not be used or you might get big trouble renaming Java code. If this
> is true, why is NB only providing the option to download this version? For
> info, my projects need JDK 8
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jean-Marc
>

Reply via email to