https://hg.netbeans.org/community-xml/file
https://hg.netbeans.org/community-uml/file

The community-xml repo is 2326 files and community-uml is 6365 files.

That's a lot of files of old code that has not been worked on for years.

The danger is that we'll get this code donated and then find that the cost
of getting them integrated and working is massive -- and that potentially
that will not succeed at all.

Could you already check out those repos from their hg.netbeans.org repos
above and do a poc via forking Apache NetBeans and basically doing a
feasibility study on whether receiving this code would make sense at all?

Gj