Hi,

On Tue, 14 Apr 2020 at 12:27, antonio <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:
> I think it's better to generate an "update.xml" file for each mirror,
> containing full urls for the given mirror, and generate them _once_, and
> not for _every_ user request. That would be 226 [1] update-xml files. We
> can generate a webpage that allows users to select a mirror of their choice.

That would be a good idea.  Or at least some caching so that they're
not generated each time, but possibly validated on a regular basis?

Looking at the closer.cgi [1] script I'm wondering whether, if we are
going down this route, we could generate and cache update catalog
files by country code (cca2) as well?  Would require doing GeoIP
lookup on every call to update file though.   OTOH, all nbm requests
would bypass redirects - pros/cons.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/dyn/closer.lua