De : Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org>
Envoyé : jeudi 4 juin 2020 12:35
À : dev <dev@netbeans.apache.org>
Objet : Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NetBeans-12.0 Linux Installer

+1 (binding)

I was waiting to hear from Laszlo steps to replicate ... following comments,
not a reason to vote against, but ...

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 18:40, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Cleaning the userdir made it work then. However if you install JavaSE
> only then there is no Groovy + Gradle support available.

OK, I tried again with customizing the clusters installed.  The configuration
for these seems out of date.

It's possible to enable just Gradle support by installing it from Plugins.  Of
course, if written into the install folder (depending on
permissions) it gets left behind on uninstall.

The web stuff being required for JavaSE doesn't entirely surprise me - there
are cross-cluster dependencies somewhere.

Personally I wish we hadn't brought back the customize clusters option, and it
certainly needs looking at before 12.1.  Maybe a note on the download page to
recommend full install?!