Hi

Am 07.03.2021 um 18:49 schrieb Eric Bresie:
I’ve seen a few threads which seems to indicate the way forward is to have
the help materials to be translated into some common format (i.e. either
html, asciidoc, docwiki) and then render either in a internal/external web
view or have some new component to render the context as applicable.  To
minimize the work on updating help, I believe the hope was these would be
basically backwards compatible to reduce the need for too much translation.

So all that said, is anyone actively developing an Alternative Help?
>> Or is the way forward to create help in some specific non-JavaHelp way and
> any dependencies on Java-Help replace by something else?

Not actively and not in the public. I have done a netty proxy server which encapsulates our current Docbook-JavaHelp output in a "nicer" HTML5 page template and recreates a simple menu for that pages. That "updated" page is displayed in the systems default browser. I have managed to capture the current F1 key presses. It is working for us but there a more things to do (link generic templates and cross help linking)

May be I can extract the more generic part an open source it, but I can not say in which time frame due to my daily work.

Jens

--
http://blog.nigjo.de/netbeans/