On 27.10.22 20:17, Neil C Smith wrote:
On Thu, 27 Oct 2022, 19:03 Ernie Rael, <err...@raelity.com> wrote:

This is very strange. If I build the plugin on 15 it runs on 15. If I
build it with 16-RC2 it will not install on 15. I noticed this a few
days ago, but wanted to wait for RC2 before mentioning it.

I'll try to narrow it down, wondering if anyone has some ideas about this.

It'll be caused by https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4678

Downside of adding generics. Still time to review, although I assume the
reverse situation isn't affected?

i kept it in the second commit and didn't squash just in case we have a situation like this.

https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/4678/commits/50086abd421200ce33bd4508580a80518f350f63

I am still a bit surprised that this causes issues. Since the class is final which removes an entire can of worms of potential override issues. I would have expected the JVM to find the right method in unambiguous cases like this.

-mbien