Folks,

I am getting a warning about multi-module project structures and parent.relativePath, but only on Windows (see screen shot).

To recreate:

1. Create a POM project
2. Right-mouse click on modules, and create a new module (Java application)
3. Go into that new module and look at the created pom.xml

You'll get the warning (see screen shot) that the parent.relativePath points to the module, rather than to the parent.

The project structure created by NetBeans (14,15,16-rc2) is correct, but the warning IMO is not. This warning does not appear on Windows in NetBeans <= 13.

I created this screen shot in the following environment.

Windows 10 Professional
Java 17.0.3+7
NetBeans 16-rc2 (unpacked from the zip file)

The following items were added to netbeans.conf:

# adding UTF-8 and fontsize at the end
netbeans_default_options=" . . . . -J-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 --fontsize 14"

# location of JDK 17 - run JDK 11 by default on this machine
netbeans_jdkhome="D:\Programs-x64\Java\jdk-17.0.3+7"

I did not import any settings, and did not pre-activate any modules.

Right now since it's a warning, I just ignore it.

Please also note in the screen shot, pom.xml is created with Unix (LF) endings instead of Windows (CRLF) endings. However, a Java Web application created as a module in this project shows Windows (CRLF) for pom.xml

The warnings do not show up when following the same procedure on Ubuntu 20.04.1.

Could this be due to line ending confusion? I have the following project structure:

MyModules - pom.xml is in Unix (LF) format (POM project)

   MyServerModule - pom.xml is in Unix (LF) format (Java application)

   MyClientModule - pom.xml is in Windows (CRLF) format (Web application)

   MyPoCModule - pom.xml is in Windows (CRLF) format (Web application)

If someone can point me in the general direction of where to look, I'd be happy to try and narrow it down further.

. . . just my two cents
/mde/