> Short answer, yes - eg. link on all release candidate emails
> https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pulls?q=is%3Amerged+milestone%3ANB16

I didn't know that one. Milestones are a cool way to mark specific merges

Longer answer, there is some work going on to better categorize all
> this - eg. https://github.com/apache/netbeans/releases  The draft one
> particularly, but that's private.

That is what I was looking for, but this list is not available until a few
days before the release, right?

Not recently.  What prompted the question?

We were wondering if there is a kind of a road map of planned new features
people agreed to work on.
Moreover in our company, when we foresee to release a given feature for a
specific version, we tag it even long before the final release. We were
looking for such an equivalent in the NB project.

I think that is exactly the purpose of milestones.

Thx for your answers