On Sat, 4 Feb 2023 at 00:51, Michael Bien <mbie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> yeah it seems like nobody is using the triage label the way it was
> originally intended.
>
> We could probably just remove that label (or don't let gh set it by
> default at the very least). If something is missing labels it is
> probably not triaged.

I'd prefer to keep a label.  Possibly even more likely to accumulate
unanswered issues without?

One of the original intentions was to allow us to use GH actions for
some automation.  We could remove the label automatically if a
committer replies?  Could even email a report of older issues without
a response on a regular basis?

> and probably more. Should we prefix all issue specific labels with
> 'issue:'? So that they are easier to find in the search? Mentioning
> 'issue' in the label description would have a similar effect.

Possibly would help.  Need to check whether they're used, and make
sure we don't rename any with special meaning though.

Incidentally, also need to handle the fact that GH changed the forms
so that required dropdowns are being populated - I think that's why
we've had more offers of PRs! :-)