On Fri, 28 Jul 2023 at 16:01, Laszlo Kishalmi <laszlo.kisha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Gradle 8.3-rc1 came very late in the game, but it is the one which
> finally supports JDK 20 as runtime. That's why we dropped that in.
> Please test!

So, we need to build 19-rc5 soon, which will hopefully be identical to
the release.

Do we want to update the bundled Gradle library here before release?
Do we have any idea when it might be finalized?

Also I'm curious, given that the Gradle tooling API is meant to be
forwards compatible, whether we actually needed to upgrade it to be
able to support projects using 8.3?

> The main glitch is that new
> project would be generated using the 8.3-rc-1 as default even after 8.3
> come out.

Is there any workaround we could put in place here?  We might want a
different approach here in future to disconnect versions?