On Sun, 13 Aug 2023 at 21:10, Matthias Bläsing
<mblaes...@doppel-helix.eu.invalid> wrote:
> Reasoning:
>
>    Plugin unsigned. Please sign (self-signed is ok) and re-submit for
>    verification
>
> This was not a problem in: 11, 12, 16 and 17.
>
> _Nothing_ changed for these plugins and I don't see why I should was
> resources in CI/CD systems and on maven central, just to "fix"
> something, that was not broken for a long time.

Yes, anything that was previously verified should be allowed through
unless it's actually broken.  We have a limited RC window for people
to test with plugins as it is.  Making plugin authors jump through
unnecessary hoops doesn't help there.

> The requirement to sign the plugins is questionable in itself without a
> trust anchor or revocation list, but I can live with with requiring
> signature for updates (this will become fun, once the signature
> expires, but ...)

Agreed!  And we have SHA in the catalog which I assume are checked?!

As you've raised this before, I would suggest you just kick off a lazy
consensus thread on removing the self-sign requirement.  Or on the
validation rules as a whole.