On Thu, 5 Oct 2023, 21:00 Antonio, <anto...@vieiro.net.invalid> wrote:

> We currently depend on exechlp-1.2.zip [1] for dlight.nativeexecution,
> right? But nobody has voted _explicitly_ on that dependency.

That's a pre-ASF binary as far as I know. However the ASF profiler binaries
should really have been voted on and hosted elsewhere.

> We now build the new macos binaries for Apple Silicon, that we can
> download from dist.apache.org and then include them as we do with
> exechlp-1.2.zip.
>
> And no extra voting is required, right?

They can't go on dist.a.o or Maven Central in the first place without a
vote (Windows launcher is on Maven incidentally via vote).

It is also distribution before release (even if only consumed by our
sources), and has some other potential issues. Some are raised on that
parent POM issue I linked. It has some parallels to this, although more
concern for us because these are compiled code.