Hi Neil,

> On 3. 1. 2024, at 11:05, Neil C Smith <neilcsm...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 at 07:55, Martin Balin <mba...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I’m planning to do just VSNetBeans release around Jan 15th, versioned
>> 20.0.301.
>> NetBeans VSCode gathered number of fixes and improvements over last 2 months
>> …
>
> Assuming we branch on time for NB21, that means that the first release
> candidate for VSNetBeans 21 will be available before this release.  Do
> we really need to do this?
What is the branch time for NetBeans 21?
Yes, I would like to do this release of VSNetBeans as the bug fixes and
features accumulated over time in master are needed. It will help us a lot,
thanks for understanding. And I’ll take care of release.

> The criteria for choosing when a VSNetBeans release is made feels
> entirely opaque from an Apache perspective.  I've asked before whether
> we should rethink schedules for the IDE as a whole, or split off
> release scheduling for VSNetBeans entirely?  Are there benefits to
> having a separate repository, milestones and tracking for VSNetBeans?
I remember this question. It did not draw too much attention ...

> Please make sure to take into account the issue that became apparent
> leading from https://github.com/apache/netbeans/pull/6583 too. Either
> you need to swap to using the main NetBeans build, or the current
> VSCode build job needs adapting.  It needs to use ant
> build-source-config for release (not full), and to build the binary
> from that source.  The last 0.301 source release of VSNetBeans had
> code in it that shouldn't have been there.
Yes, I will make sure this is now built according to release requirements
thank you
Martin