> I believe contributors to 'contrib' need to sign an Oracle contributor
agreement.

Yes, I believe the same too.

contrib/ is also an Attic of sorts where modules that some people might
still need but are deprecated have been moved for their convenience
(eg. editor.deprecated.pre61completion).

I wasn't aware nbpython is under contrib/. This is pretty great! It means
NBPython will become an Apache project too. Maybe the first Apache NetBeans
sub-project?

--emi