> NetBeans [HTML/Java API](http://bits.netbeans.org/html+java/)

Technically this part might be a brilliant candidate for a first step (small,
well set up and pretty isolated).

But even if we got an ALv2 grant for this very java-html-api part I'm not sure
about the legal side.

That depends on how the dependencies look like. If this has a dependency to
netbeans-core then it might not be possible to do a release before
netbeans-core isn't re-licensed as ALv2 as well.

For more background about which dependencies are fine for ALv2 licensed project
releases please look at our License compatibility matrix [1] ff.

LieGrue,
strub

[1] https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved#category-x