CI is a good start.

For what I remember we at least need to do the following steps:

1.) One of the most important steps is to get the IP clearance done.
It's good that we get all the grants from Oracle, but the PMC must also
actively verify that all the stuff we got is clean from an intellectual
property perspective. There is a form for it in the incubator:

http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/

We also keep track about it on our incubator status page.

2.) We need to check all the dependencies and verify if they are compatible
with the ASF rules

https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html

Any other mentor can ACK if my advice is still up2date?
The last time I did this was quite a few years back ;)

txs and LieGrue,
strub