If in NetBeans IDE the user does New/Java Class, then (I think) this
template will be instantiated:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-netbeans.git;a=blob;f=java.project.ui/src/org/netbeans/modules/java/project/ui/resources/Class.java.template;h=e9890cf1ebbfa872259a65b4259e10fd05053a79;hb=HEAD

So, there may be two separate questions:
a) what is the license of the template (for which I don't personally see a
problem be the Apache License)
b) what is the license of the file created from the template (where I
suspect it would be a problem if the license would had to be the Apache
license, regardless of the target project)

Of course, this is not the only template NB has, and not the only way to
generate code for the user in the IDE. But the main question to me is what
is the license of the code the IDE generates for the user.

Jan