Github user jlahoda commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/7

    Hi Dave,

    Sorry for belated answer.

    I think the jcip license text should be merged into the existing
-license.txt file. Also the "License: " tag should probably be changed to
something else than "New BSD" (e.g. "BSD+jcip"). Even if though this is
probably not ever going to be used.

    For notice - I suspect we will need different notices, one at the top level
of the repository for things that are in the repository (which this is not),
and a different one for binary builds (where the notice should contain exactly
what is in the binary, not more, not less, in other words, this will probably
differ between the platform and the Java IDE). And there needs to be enough
data to construct such notices automatically, I don't think it is realistic to
maintain them manually. Hence the request to add -notice.txt to external
binaries if needed, so the build will be able to pick them up if needed. But it
is not quite clear to me if anything like that is needed for this library.

---