Github user jlahoda commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/7

    Description of the current -license.txt processing is here:
    http://wiki.netbeans.org/DevFaqExternalLibraries

    I think details under Apache are still somewhat unclear, but I think
maintaining -license.txt and -notice.txt (if needed) in the library wrapper
near the external library is much more maintainable than trying to have a
central registry, and that whatever we do will be based on the current
design/state. So, I think it would be good to have things prepared for
automatic processing as much as possible.

    Thanks.

---