Hey Geertjan,

Am Freitag, den 06.10.2017, 19:44 +0200 schrieb Geertjan Wielenga:
> Another question -- once we have reviewed a PR, and there's consensus on
> it, how do we do the merge?

if the PR that should be merged was your own, you can do this:

 * git checkout master
 * git pull (assuming you configured master to track upstream master)
 * git merge <branch_backing_your_PR>
 * git push upstream (assuming the apache repository is configure as
   upstream)

github and/or the apache gitbot recognise, that the merged
commit/commits are identical to the PR and close that PR automaticly.

To make it easy to merge PRs from github, I followed this link, that
was already posted:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/How+to+accept+a+GitHub+Pull+Request

This is pretty comprehensive.

HTH