From: Geertjan Wielenga [mailto:geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Friday, October 13, 2017 1:36 PM
To: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: NetBeans 9 release date

On Fri, Oct 13, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Antonio Vieiro <anto...@vieiro.net> wrote:

> BTW, will all the issues at netbeans.org be migrated to JIRA?

There are various schools of thought on this question.

We could move all issues over.

Many of the issues are old or out of date or irrelevant, i.e., for features
that are no longer there, etc. It would be a massive task for someone to, once
the issues are moved, evaluate all of them.

It's certainly doable.

A different approach is to create issues from scratch, i.e., the issues we
create in Apache NetBeans JIRA from scratch will be issues that the Apache
NetBeans community cares about, versus heaps of issues in the Oracle NetBeans
Bugzilla that maybe no one in Apache NetBeans will be concerned about but that
would need to be evaluated anyway if we were to migrate everything over to
Apache NetBeans JIRA.

We could back up the Bugzilla issues somewhere and refer to them or link to
them as needed in Apache NetBeans JIRA.

Anyway, multiple approaches and if we can't agree on a specific way forward we
could vote on it.

Gj