Hi,

I assume we should work on getting the code into a state where we could
release a (beta) of (Java) IDE. When the platform/alpha is released, I'll
change the release job:
https://builds.apache.org/view/Incubator%20Projects/job/incubator-netbeans-release/

to build the IDE (I'll let it build platform separately as well) and run
the appropriate tests, including "ant verify-libs-and-licenses" (which
checks that every external binary has a license file, and that the license
file passes some basic checks). I ran verify-libs-and-licenses manually,
and there is (unsurprisingly) a lot of failures. I fixed a few here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/285

Among other problems there are several (L)GPL libraries we will need to
solve somehow besides javac:
db.drivers/external/mysql-connector-java-5.1.23-license.txt
hibernate4lib/external/hibernate-4.3.1-lib-license.txt
libs.jshell.compile/external/nb-jshell-license.txt
 (presumably compile-time only at this time)
o.jdesktop.beansbinding/external/beansbinding-1.2.1-license.txt

My question is whether someone would be willing to work on the GPL
libraries (I personally know very little about the db+hibernate ones); or
on cleaning up the verify-and-licenses (I don't think this is big enough to
enter the violations into a wiki, but there's quite a few of them, so it
will take some time to clean them up).

(When verify-libs-and-licenses is clean, we need to look at DEPENDENCIES
and fix any problems we spot, but I don't think it makes much sense to look
at that when there are significant verify-libs-and-licenses failures.)

Thanks,
    Jan