Fair question.

On the other hand, we're clearly not in a position yet to do anything with
those files, even if they were to come in today -- we clearly have more
than enough work to do just on the code from the 1st donation.

That being said, we've restructured the subsequent donations such that we
can focus specifically on the parts we care most about right now -- Java
EE, JavaScript/HTML, PHP, and Groovy:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition

At the end of the above link, notice 5e, which is the focus of the 2nd
donation -- we've moved C++-related clusters to the third code donation so
that we can get especially the Java EE and JavaScript/HTML features over to
Apache as quickly as possible. The reason for the delays is simply a
question of resourcing and conflicting work assignments coming in the paths
of those working on this. However, again, I must say I'm happy we don't
have the 2nd code donation yet right now -- we'd be swamped, we'd have a
significant number of additional files we'd need to wade through while
right now we have plenty of files to wade through as it is.

Gj