On 24/02/18 15:04, Glenn Holmer wrote:
On 02/24/2018 04:43 AM, Antonio wrote:
Before merging with "master" I thought I could add a "feature" component
as an example on how this could be done.

https://netbeans.vieiro.net/download/nb90/
I *love* the old-time NetBeans "swirl" in the header :)

I love that too. :-) We should recover more of those backgrounds.

Neil did a great job cropping it to a exactly 16:9 ratio. These details come from professionals that know what they're doing. I love the work he's done with SCSS as well.

To be ruthlessly honest, shouldn't this page tell what's missing (and
still expected from Oracle) in 9.0 compared to 8.2?

Definitely. It also should have all PHP stuff and the rest at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+NetBeans+9.0+New+and+Noteworthy And we should also add a NB 9.0 Alpha page.

The objectives right now are to meet all Apache web guidelines (the footer, for instance, has mandatory Apache links, the download page has also some requirements) and to make it as easy as possible to add stuff without worrying too much about HTML (the 'cards' in the main page, or the 'features' in this one, for instance). With just a minimum content.

After merging to master (if nobody opposes say by monday) we'll have time to add all that content before finally going live.

Cheers,
Antonio