Offtopic, we should also Support TFS (Team foundation Server from MicroSoft).

Von: Christian Lenz
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 8. März 2018 16:23
An: dev@netbeans.incubator.apache.org
Betreff: AW: Possible Removal of SVN

I’m really against the idea to remove such a big Feature. Mercurial, SVN and
GIT are the most big Players.
And first we should often see what happens on other IDEs. Yes I know, we are
not IntelliJ but this is a big Player and they only decided to remove ClearCase
because it is not developed further (Last update 2014, says wiki) But SVN was
the latest update last year, mercurial this year.

I had to work with SVN too and it was great with NetBeans, if this will be
removed, what I should I do then? Switching to IntelliJ?

As Oracle decided to remove Ruby and UML Support from NetBeans, as you can see
it now, those Projects are Kind of dead. Ruby is I think working okish but not
that full Feature as it should be. And UML, yeah there is easyUML but it is not
that good atm for years.

Oracle decided to remove the JS Support think 5 years or so too, because of
what? The usage wasn’t so good?. After years it came back. Not that perfect but
good enough to work with. I didn’t like the choice that Ruby, JS (Which is now
in again, hooray) and UML was removed from the IDE.

On the contrary, NetBeans should Support a lot of more stuff inside the core
with the ability to decide yes I want that Feature or not. A lot of stuff is
still missing like Go, Kotlin (Not workable I think but I will see it later),
Galen, Rust, etc.

We should clearly discuss such big Change and my 2 cents are, please, don’t do
that.

Cheers

Chris