Could the OP provide a link where it was decided to drop Subversion? I just
don't remember this talk. But, I might have missed it.

>From what Jan mentions, only a Java SVN library was dropped but I think we can
>still have Subversion support by calling the svn native binary?

Obviously, being still in use and another Apache project means it would be nice
to provide Subversion support. From the looks of it we still do, correct?

PS: As somebody that after many many years of Mercurial and Git had to commit
to SVN, I found `git svn` entirely usable! So... there's also that option.

--emi