Resurrecting this thread, since Tim Boudreau recently Mavenized the
contrib repo:

https://github.com/timboudreau/netbeans-contrib

The Mavenization is certainly welcome (to me at least!) but someone
needs to officially decide what to *do* with all that stuff. Probably
all the live modules or logical module groups (those active on the
Plugin Portal) should each get their own GH repo somewhere—does not
make sense to shove them all into one repo. And then how do bits get
distributed to users? I am not sure what happened to deadlock and its
CI job for contrib modules. Plugin Portal still seems to be alive but
what is its future? Of

http://plugins.netbeans.org/my-plugins

there are a number of plugins I would like to keep running and
available; some were already being maintained on GitHub, but some
(notably quickfilechooser) were not.