I doubt it is related. I don't see the problem in Apache NetBeans 9.0.
Neither in today's build.

And, sorry, I was wrong -- you don't need the latest build to create
NetBeans to use it to build NetBeans. Simply the officially released Apache
NetBeans 9 is fine, the code to recognize the new folder structure was
already integrated into that.

Gj