Will try to help on the weekend. Maybe.

Cheers

Chris

Von: Jaroslav Tulach
Gesendet: Freitag, 25. Januar 2019 13:18
An: Apache NetBeans
Cc: Svata Dedic
Betreff: Help, JavaScript fans! was: Use Graal.js (parser) for NetBeans 11

I assume there is a lot of people interested in support of modern
JavaScript, right? We need you help:

čt 24. 1. 2019 v 5:59 odesílatel Jaroslav Tulach <jaroslav.tul...@oracle.com>
napsal:

> The PR-1011 is in.
>
> Somebody needs to start working on rewriting the `webcommon/
> javascript2.editor/` to use the parser in `webcommon.libs.graaljs`.

Sváťa created a PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-netbeans/pull/1099,
but it cannot be merged until the code is rewritten to use the new version
of the parser and work correctly. There is a Jenkins job that tracks the
status:

https://builds.apache.org/job/incubator-netbeans-jsparser/

Right now we have 693 failures. Please help us fix them. The instructions
are given in the job description, and it should be fairly easy. Get the
repository:

git clone https://github.com/sdedic/incubator-netbeans.git
cd incubator-netbeans
git checkout experimental/graaljs_parser

and then build it all and check the tests:

ant build
for i in webcommon/*; do
  (cd $i; ant test-unit -Dcontinue.after.failing.tests=true)
done

You can open any module under webcommon in the NetBeans IDE, select a test
and run or debug it.

If you care about JavaScript, please help: Fix a test. Make NetBeans better!
-jt