Greetings,
I'm answering Geertjan's call for documentation assistance.I've used
Asciidoctor quite a bit.

Okay...firstly my apologies if this has been discussed and dismissed already....
If you put the :experimental: setting in Asciidoc/Asciidoctor, you will be able
to use the menu and button commands to generate handy graphics. Style sheet
will need edits to accomplish this as well. I can help doing this.
https://asciidoctor.org/docs/asciidoc-syntax-quick-reference/#ui-macros
The webpage referenced here :
https://netbeans.apache.org/kb/docs/java/editor-codereference.html breaks in
terms of the CSS. There is large whitespace caused by the Windows/Mac/Linux
table been 75%. (Screen shot here)
https://i.postimg.cc/fWV9N6Gb/Untitled2.png
You can see the results here: (Checked in FireFox/Chrome)
https://responsivedesignchecker.com/checker.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Fnetbeans.apache.org%2Fkb%2Fdocs%2Fjava%2Feditor-codereference.html&width=1800&height=700

Cheers,Brian