Also, a simple solution may be to explicitly tell users to run Apache
NetBeans 11 on JDK 8 if they want to make use of GlassFish, since GlassFish
itself runs on JDK 8 only and that if, as has been pointed out, code that
is explicit to JDK 9 or later is run on GlassFish, it will fail. So best to
use JDK 8 for both NetBeans and GlassFish.

How does that sound?

Gj