Doh! I did notice whilst I was poking around in the GlassFish code that the
base64 package that is removed from JDK10 onwards was being used somewhere
in authentication, so hopefully it is something as simple as that.

If not, it might be beyond my abilities, but if you create an issue in the
Jira, hopefully somebody more talented than I can take a look and figure it
out.