+1

Without Geertjan's enthusiasm, passion for the NetBeans project and his hard
work inside of Oracle as well as his endless promotion of the brand
externally, there would be no Apache NetBeans as we know it now.

Geertjan fully deserves to be the PMC chair. His only drawback (e.g. being an
Oracle employee[1]) is negligible compared to the achievements he has made!

My vote goes to Geertjan, the NetBeans Saviour!

Jaroslav Tulach
NetBeans founder and initial architect

[1] It is not drawback per se, it just may be perceived as a drawback by some.