Hi,

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 5:39 PM Glenn Holmer <ce...@kolabnow.com.invalid> wrote:
> ...the question was whether it would be unseemly to have an Oracle
> employee as PMC chair. I think there's clear agreement that that's not
> the case....

Yes, I think Geertjan has sufficiently demonstrated his independence
and understanding of the Apache's Fierce Independence From
Organizations principle ;-)

> ...And speaking of pedantism :) how long should a vote like this stay open?...

In general a vote needs to be open for at least 72 hours so that all
community members who want to vote can do so.

Then, you tally it and it's good to differentiate between "binding"
votes from people on the PPMC and "non-binding" ones from others who
are welcome to vote as well.

>From a formal point of view, only binding votes count, but if there's
a strong disconnect between those and the non-binding ones it's a bad
sign that should be addressed.

-Bertrand