Hi all,

We've discussed this in various ways before, but let's try to hammer down
what needs to be done and whether we agree that as a project we're ready to
go ahead and vote on becoming a top level Apache project.

We're working together well as a community, we have done two complete
releases in the incubator and are working on the third, and though the
donation from Oracle to Apache is not yet complete, that is not a
precondition for Apache NetBeans becoming a top level project -- i.e.,
there are going to be more donations from Oracle to Apache whether or not
NetBeans is a top level project. In addition, we have been voting on a PMC
chair and that is going well too.

Maturity assessment is here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Maturity+Model+Assessment+for+NetBeans

Plus, our mentors have been asking us to graduate and we have been
promising to do that, and wanting to do it, but let's now actually go ahead
and do it.

*NOTE: This is not a VOTE thread. Therefore, do not respond with a +1,
please. Instead, this is a discussion thread to illicit some discussion,
points of view, etc, before actually doing the VOTE thread. Rather than
getting a -1 in the VOTE thread, let's get any issues out in the open and
handle those before actually starting the VOTE thread.*

I will start a VOTE thread here on the dev mailing list at the beginning of
next week, after which the IPMC vote will be done on this, assuming it
passes. Until then, please respond with your thoughts on this topic,
concerns, etc.

Thanks,

Gj