Mark

Thanks for trying. Indeed I forgot to mention in the guide that one has to add
‘nifi.properties.file.path' as ‘VM Arguments’, updating the guide now.

As for logging, everything should work. Even though NiFi uses logback adapter
for slf4j, the IDE setup uses log4j and all required JARs should be on the
class path.
Could you pleas re-verify? Here is what I see in my current setup after running
./gradlew clean eclipse -> importing project into workspace and configuring
‘Run Configurations'

Run Configurations:
VM arguments:
-Dnifi.properties.file.path=/dev/nifi/nifi-assembly/target/nifi-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-bin/nifi-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT/./conf/nifi.properties
Working directory (“Other" is checked in):
/dev/nifi/nifi-assembly/target/nifi-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT-bin/nifi-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT

CLASSPATH:
nifi-api-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
nifi-runtime-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
log4j-core-2.4.jar
slf4j-api-1.7.12.jar
slf4j-log4j12-1.7.12.jar
jul-to-slf4j-1.7.12.jar
nifi-nar-utils-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
nifi-properties-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
nifi-documentation-0.3.1-SNAPSHOT.jar
log4j-api-2.4.jar
log4j-1.2.17.jar

Cheers
Oleg

On Oct 27, 2015, at 12:30 AM, Mark Petronic