Yeah, these solutions won't work for thousands of iterations.  Andy's
suggestion for using ExecuteScript starts to sound very compelling,
especially if you are algorithmically generating your term values.

Another thought for you.  Uwe Geercken was experimenting with a processor
which could read in a CSV file and output a flowfile attribute for every
cell in the CSV data.  Something like this might work for you.

Basically you'd have a single column CSV file with all your terms.  For
every line in the file, a new flowfile would be produced.  Each "column"
from each line would be stored as a flowfile attribute.  You'd end up with
a new flowfile for every term, with a flowfile attribute containing that
term.

Here's a link to his work:

https://github.com/uwegeercken/nifi_processors

Here's an archive from the mailing list discussion:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201603.mbox/%3Ctrinity-4e63574c-9f19-459f-b048-ca40667e964c-1458542998682@3capp-webde-bs02%3E

Something like this might be worth considering as well.