Mike,

Definitely does not sound familiar.  However, just looked up what you
describe and I do see it.  In my case there are only three files but
they are sitting there open for writing by the nifi process and yet
have been deleted.  So I do believe there is an issue...will dig in a
bit but obviously if you make more discoveries here please share.

Thanks
Joe