I think the team was going for a toned down style anyway. One way to draw a
user's attention, which is available today already, is to use a standard
log statement with proper level. This will issue a bulletin both on the
processor (and visually indicate a note) as well as add it to a global list
of bulletins. By default processors ignore anything lower than WARN, but
this is adjustable in processor settings.

Andrew