We have nearly wrapped up our testing with out Nifi scripts in dev, and are
now looking to push to QA. I found an article about creating a custom
properties file in order to specify each of your environmental specific
variables, and then specifying that file in nifi.properties at
nifi.variable.registry.properties.

This will work fine omitting two cases I can think of.

1) We have a number of ListenTCP processors which require the "local network
interface" to be specified. I have read that Expression Language can access
system properties, but I haven't seen any example about how to use this. Can
anyone share how EL might be used to grab the local network interface for
each environment automatically?

2) We use Remote Process Groups with Site-to-Site for load balancing. In the
RPG, you have to specify an absolute url to the nodes in the remote site.
The RPG doesn't indicate that EL is acceptable in this field. Can anyone
chime in on the possibility of using EL to grab a property for the RPG url?

Thanks!