Great info Bryan- thanks!

Regarding my first question, I talked to our admins and we only have one NIC
anyway. So there is no need for me to limit it, and thus I don't have a need
to use EL to discover the NIC. So that's good.

Regarding the registry stuff, I found this [1] document which looks
FANTASTIC. But I'm not able to find when/if this stuff will be released. My
understanding is that it is not yet released, and therefore I'm assuming
that specifying a custom.properties file via the
nifi.variable.registry.properties is still the preferred method.
Additionally, this will mean that:
 1) Changes to this file require a service restart, correct?
 2) Is it true that this needs to be specified for each node of a clustered
environment?

Thanks again!

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/registry.html