Mike,

You brought up a good point... documentation is one of the things that
still needs to be done.

There is some information that might be helpful though...

I would suggest reading this Wiki page for the feature proposal of
"Configuration Management of Flows" [1].

There is also a JIRA from a few months ago with initial mock ups for
the registry UI [2].

As part of the RC I can provide some instructions on how it can be
tested with NiFi using PR 2219.

Thanks,

Bryan

[1]