just a random thought.

Drop In Lib packs... All the Hadoop ones in one package for example that
can be added to a slim Nifi install. Another may be for Cloud, or Database
Interactions, Integration (JMS, FTP, etc) of course defining these groups
would be the tricky part... Or perhaps some type of installer which allows
you to elect which packages to download to add to the slim install?

--
Joseph