Hi all,

I'm encountering a JAR version dependency issue when developing a custom
Processor that uses the GCPCredentialsService in Nifi 1.5.0.

1) The nifi-gcp-bundle distributed with Nifi 1.5.0 (which contains
GCPCredentialsService) is packaged with dependencies on:

   - com.google.cloud:google-cloud:0.8.0
   - com.google.auth:google-auth-library-oauth2-http:0.6.0

Which both transitively depend on com.google.guava:guava:19.0, except the
root-level pom.xml for Nifi (here
<https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/pom.xml>) explicitly pins the
guava version to 18.0.

2) The custom Processor I am building also depends on
com.google.cloud:google-cloud:0.8.0, but actually uses methods from this
library that depend on features added in com.google.guava:guava:19.0.

3) In order to make the GCPCredentialsService available inside my Processor
NAR, I have added the nifi-gcp-services-api-nar as a parent.

4) The implementation of NarClassLoader always starts the search for
classes in the parent, which means that when my processor looks for
com.google.guava class definitions, the com.google.guava:guava:18.0 JAR
packaged with the nifi-gcp-services-api-nar is always found first,
resulting in a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError exception in my Processor's
execution.

I'm not sure what the best solution is – I guess I could create my own
version of the nifi-gcp-bundle that has the correct pom.xml file to force
the use of guava:19.0, but that seems a bit overkill for a change that is
essentially 5 lines of XML in a POM file.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks!
Douglas
--

Douglas Willcocks
VP France, Data Science & Engineering

19 Rue Richer, 75009 Paris, France
M: +33 6 80 37 60 72
E: douglas.willco...@artefact.com

W: http://www.artefact.com/

--
This email and any attachments contains privileged and confidential
information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not