Doug,

I think the only solution is what you proposed about fixing the
nifi-gcp-bundle...

Basically, if a NAR needs a different version of a dependency that is
already declared in the root pom's dependencyManagement, then the
bundle's pom needs it own dependencyManagement to force it back to the
specific version for the bundle.

Ultimately it would be nice to re-evaluate our use of
dependencyManagement in the root pom, because I don't think we should
be forcing the version of so many things. Guava is a perfect example
where we shouldn't be forcing all NARs to use a specific version of
Guava, that defeats the whole purpose of NARs.

There are other cases though where it does make sense because there is
code in nifi/nifi-commons that we would likely want to keep in sync
with the NARs that use the code.

-Bryan