We could start with routeOnJsonPath and do the record path as the need
arises?

On March 20, 2018 at 16:06:34, Matt Burgess (mattyb...@apache.org) wrote:

Rather than restricting it to JSONPath, perhaps we should have a
RouteOnRecordPath or RouteRecord using the RecordPath API? Even better
would be the ability to use RecordPath functions in QueryRecord, but
that involves digging into Calcite as well. I realize JSONPath might
have more capabilities than RecordPath at the moment, but it seems a
shame to force the user to convert to JSON to use a "RouteOnJSONPath"
processor, the record-aware processors are meant to replace that kind
of format-specific functionality.

Regards,
Matt