Thanks for responding, Andy.

I am able to use it, like you, in onTrigger(). Where I haven't been able to use it is from annotated methods (in the sense that onTrigger()isn't annotated except by @Overridewhich is not relevant in this question). Imagine:

public class Fun extends AbstractProcessor
{
  private ComponentLog logger = getLogger();

  @Override
  public void onTrigger( final ProcessContext context, final ProcessSession
session ) throws ProcessException
  {
    logger.trace( "[PROFILE] onTrigger()" );*/* A */*
  }

  *@OnScheduled*
  public void processProperties( final ProcessContext context )
  {
    logger.trace( "[PROFILE] processProperties()" );*/* B */*
  }

  *@OnStopped*
  public void dropEverything()
  {
    logger.trace( "[PROFILE] dropEverything()" );*/* C */*
  }
}

Now, imaging suitable test code, FunTest.test() which sets up

   runner = TestRunners.newTestRunner( processor = new Fun() );

etc., then

   runner.run( 1 );

Above, instance A works fine (it's the one you illustrated in footnote [1]). Instances B and C cause the error:

   java.lang.AssertionError: Could not invoke methods annotated with
   @OnScheduled (or @OnStopped) annotation due to:

Russ